Wednesday, January 01, 2014

One Word 2014

I love this idea. Ali Edwards defines the One Word challenge as follows:
A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.
My word for 2013 was ADVENTURE and I lived that out to the fullest. Eleven countries, sixteen US states, two provinces, 49 beds. The year was full of adventure.

My word for 2014 is BALANCE. I actually chose it way back in July when I was still in France when adventure was still the operative word. For 2014 I am focusing on finding balance. Between work and fun. Between school and friends. Between church and life. Balance applies to a lot of areas of my life especially as I face more fourth year courses with their increased reading loads. There are two quotes that I have posted on my wall just above my desk that really define what I mean by balance.
Balance is not better time management but better boundary management. 
Problems arise in that one has to find a balance between what people need from you and what you need from yourself.  
 Balancing time for myself with the demands of school, work, and life. It's a good goal.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: