Sunday, August 11, 2013

Saint Tropez

Yesterday was my first day off in over two weeks. My boss and I discussed it and it wasn't a big deal but I was sure ready for some R&R when it came. I used the opportunity to visit the town of Saint Tropez. You can get there by car or train but the fastest and most scenic is definitely by boat. It's also probably the most expensive but my dear mother sent me some money to fund the trip. There was an option of reserving a spot online but I kept forgetting to do it and then I just decided to take my chances.

Luckily I was able to get a stand by ticket. There is only one run between Cannes and Saint Tropez each day so if I had missed out I would have just bought a ticket for the next time I have a day off (which is actually tomorrow. When it rains it pours!)
Anyway, I got on and it was a lovely ride over there. In Saint Tropez I explored and shopped. I've been looking for a new skirt and for a shirt in that awesome coral colour and I found some great ones on sale. I had lunch in a little cafe and although the food itself wasn't that interesting, the ambiance was nice. Saturday is market day as well so I checked that out but didn't buy anything. The boat left for Cannes at 4:30 (it arrived at 11:30) so the day felt a bit rushed but I made the most of it.

Saint Tropez is bigger than a lot of the towns I've visited lately and for some reason, I found it really easy to get lost. Normally in these coastal towns I can keep myself oriented by knowing where the water is but I couldn't do that here. I loved it. It may be weird but I LOVE getting lost. I love just walking around and not knowing exactly where I am and this was the first time I've been able to do that in awhile. All in all it was a very enjoyable day and I'm glad I took the time to go over there.


No comments: