Thursday, March 14, 2013

This is hard!

I was really overwhelmed with the sheer volume of work I had last week (I still am but the deadlines have eased up so it's not as bad) and I caught myself thinking "this is so hard!" but then I stopped and realized no. It's not hard. It's a lot of work yes, but it's not difficult or unmanageable. Hard was being in Quebec where I had to think and communicate and learn grammar IN French. Hard is when you are so mentally exhausted that you can't even put together a coherent sentence. Hard is when you ask yourself daily if it was worth it and if you're going to survive. When you wonder how you'll look back on the experience because at this moment, you just want to curl up in a ball and cry. In Georgia I know what I'm doing. Yes there is a lot of reading and writing but I can do this. I just need to continue to apply myself and get it done. And stop whining. Because this is not hard.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I think I'm going to have to save this for our move. This last week I slept hard every night. It was information overload from all the "differences" in Canada and all the work on the new house. BUT! It's all in English and we have family there. I mean, my MIL watched my kids ALL week while we worked on the house. It's not hard!