Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude V3#24 - Laughing at Myself

The kitchen in this basement suite is tiny and set up really badly. It has a bunch of awkward angles and in the corner where it would make sense to store stuff, is the electrical box around which we have to keep a four foot empty space. Because of that we have a shelf set up just outside the kitchen door which also puts it beside the bathroom door. It works for the most part. We store dry food, our cookware and the toaster oven on there. On the top is also where my roommate stores her tea pot. I'm not sure what is wrong with me but I've knocked that stupid thing off the shelf twice, just while walking by. I guess I'm in a huge hurry to get to the bathroom or something. The first time the handle on the lid broke. Not a big deal and she improvised by using duct tape. Yesterday I knocked the whole thing off again and this time it totally smashed. I showed it to her immediately and offered to pay for the replacement. I'm such a clutz! She got a new tea pot today and has promised that she'll store it somewhere away from my gorilla arms :P

I am thankful that I can laugh at myself and that I don't have a roommate that breaks my stuff!!!

No comments: