Thursday, November 11, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude V3#9 - Stars

(I know I'm behind so I'm going to try and catch up a bit here)

This is a simple post but I am thankful for this on a regular basis. I live in a residential neighbourhood, not totally removed from commercial zones but apparently it's enough. I'm also on a bit of a hill but I don't know if that makes a difference. On clear nights, like tonight, and like we get frequently the stars are just amazing. I enter the basement through the back door so I have to walk around to the back of the house. Unless I make a wide arc and get close to the garage, the security light usually doesn't come on. The backyard is lit well enough from other lights that I can see just fine. The benefit of not having lights is you can really see the stars. I don't know if they're clearer than they were back home or if I'm just appreciating beauty when I can find it but they make me smile everytime I look up at the night sky. I love stars and I'm thankful that I can see them so well here!

No comments: