Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude V3#3 - Buses

I feel like I spend so much time on buses. Unless I decide to walk to school (which I've been doing less of as I get busier and the air gets colder) I take the bus to and from school five days a week, and then often back and forth to work. It's gotten to the point that I can tell you pretty much exactly where we are in the trip (it's all of eight minutes long most days) just by the tilt of the bus, how many times we've stopped and when we turned the corner. Public transportation isn't the most convenient mode of transportation but the bus pass is included in my student fees and a parking pass is not, so I don't mind. Plus, once the weather turns really nasty, the last thing I'm going to want to do is clear off my car just to drive five minutes to school and park.

The transit system here is pretty reliable and even though my bus only runs every half hour, it gets me where I am going at an almost perfect time. I arrive at school 10 minutes before my class starts and at work about 15 minutes before my shifts. Just right. So, I am thankful for buses. They're a big part of my life and I've learned to enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am as well. I didn't realize how awesome buses were until I found out because we live only 1 mile from the local school, I have to walk or drive my son to school every day. In the morning, it's not bad. There's 20 minutes of supervised playtime before school and I can drop him off anytime in that window. In the afternoon, however, 881 students are all leaving school at the same time and it's a complete nightmare (why we walk most days). I so wish we had a bus!