Monday, November 01, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude V3#1 - Thrift Stores

My Attitude of Gratitude posts are making their triumphant return! Hopefully at least). I've done this for two years now and I'm going to make a go at a third. Between school and work my life is crazy busy but these posts help me focus on the good parts of life so I think they're a good exercise. I'm not going to restrict myself on topics too much but I will try and not repeat from previous years. If I do, I'll try and reference the previous posts to see how this year's thankfulness compares. Hopefully you'll enjoy seeing what I'm thankful for and me blogging a bit more consistently!

Attitude of Gratitude V3#1 - Thrift Stores
I enjoy shopping but I love getting a deal. There are quite a few different thrift/second hand stores in this area, but my favourite one is in a small town about 20 minutes North of where I live. I've gotten a fair bit of stuff there since I arrived and Saturday I had another successful visit. Here's what I got:
  • Ankle boots in my favourite red shoe colour for $4
  • A knee length black skirt that is perfect for work $2
  • Hangers (I didn't have any in my closet and I didn't bring any from BC so I've had to buy more) $1 for a bunch
  • The Devil Wears Prada book, my November book club selection 50 cents
  • Friday Night Knitting Club, a book I have wanted to read, also 50 cents

So for under $10 I got a bunch of stuff that I have been looking for. I love thrift shops!

No comments: