Friday, June 18, 2010

My Reading List

I am feeling some pressure to get through the books on my current reading list. They're all so interesting that it's difficult to chose which to work on though!
1. "Jane Eyre" by Emily Bronte - at the top of the list because I need to have it read for our next book club meeting on Tuesday. It's been a struggle because it's SUCH a long book but the end is in sight.
2. "Twilight & History" edited by Nancy R. Reagin - This one is a series of essays on the characters in Twilight and how their personal histories were shaped based on when they were turned. It's a fascinating read but I borrowed it from on of the book club members. I'd love to give it back to her on Tuesday but I kind of doubt that's going to happen.
3. "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett - This is on my list of 100 books and was actually the one I read most while on vacation. I borrowed it from Meredith so I have to have it read before I leave in mid-August. That's lots of time but I'm halfway done and I just want to keep reading!
4. "I Think She's Trying to Tell Me Something" by Dan Graziano - I haven't even started this one but it's got a great title and it's borrowed as well so I'd like to get through it.
5. "Twilight Saga: Eclipse" by Stephanie Meyer - Not a must read but it's our book club selection for July. We moved our meeting date up to July 6th so we can all see the movie sooner rather than later. I've already read this book twice but it was my favourite of the four so I'd love to read it again before the movie comes out.

Those are the ones on my "active" list. There are tons of other books lying around here that I either need to read, pack or get rid of before I move, not to mention the library books that I take out and return without even cracking :( Anyways, having too many books to read is a good problem to have :) I'd take it over many others any day!

No comments: