Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Good Timing

I have high cholesterol. It’s the “familial” kind which means it’s hereditary. Diet and exercise impacts my levels but it will always be high because my body just doesn’t process fat properly. My dad and his two brothers have it along with at least five or six of my cousins.

It was diagnosed when I was about 12 and I’ve been on medication for the last few years. I was on track to finish up my current prescription while I was on vacation so I went to the doctor to refill it and get my annual test ordered. I’ve been back from vacation for a few weeks and today I finally went for the test. (You have to fast for 10 hours before and I tend to not be good at that).

The funny thing was, after putting it off for that long, guess who was in the blood lab when I arrived? My dad! Talk about “familial” LOL

No comments: