Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

I meant to write this entry yesterday but I was spending time with my dad instead ;)

Friday marked exactly two months until my estimated departure date from this province. Sunday was Father’s Day and as I was reading all the posts in my feed on Facebook about how awesome people’s dads are, how much they appreciate them and, for some who have lost their fathers, how much they miss them, I admit I was struck by a serious case of self doubt. Am I doing the right thing? Why am I moving so far away from family? Am I crazy? Not that I’m about to change my mind now but the emotion that welled up surprised me. I feel like I’ll have more of that as my time gets shorter.

As far as Father’s Day goes, after church I went over to Mom and Dad’s for a light lunch and then sat and visited with them for awhile. Around 3:30 I went home and had a nap (I had planned something more productive but sleep won out) and at 6 I met them, Aaron, Rob, Robbie and her son for dinner at a local restaurant. We were celebrating both Father’s Day and Aaron’s high school graduation. We had a wonderful time.

Afterwards (really from the sublime to the ridiculous because it was a NICE restaurant) we went to McDonald’s for dessert. Rob and Robbie are on a caramel sundae kick and the kid needed a place to run around for awhile :)

It’s times like these that I will definitely miss. I know that, but I’m excited for the adventure available to me in Ontario.

1 comment:

shirley said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love the new look of your blog and I know you will have great adventures as you relocate.

And yes - get skype and we'll chat!