Thursday, March 04, 2010

12 of 12 February

As you can see, once the Olympics started, I kind of stopped blogging. I just didn't have time. I'm going to try and catch up now but I want to try and do it in order so I can capture the whole experience. The first day of the games also fell on February's 12 of 12 so that's where we begin.

This is the view at the end of my street. A beautiful morning!
Last year I took a picture of the paper marking the one year count down to the games, and now they're here!




Meredith and I went for lunch at Earls. Our server was a classmate of hers and he brought us free hot wings. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture because they looked so pretty with the green celery but I was too interested in eating them. Instead I snagged this shot of the outside of the restaurant on the way home.
My mail. Thank you for giving blood four times this year. I have been a "donor for life" for at least seven years now. Probably more if I was to actually find all my pins.
For the opening ceremony Meredith and I went over to her sister-in-law's sister's house to watch it on tv. Claudia's daughter still had her face paint on from the celebrations at school.

We had a bunch of snack foods including some very out of season (sour!) strawberries.

"Oh Canada, we stand on guard for THEEEEEEE!!!"

Sam was constantly moving and having lots of fun :)

So I didn't take very many pictures of the ceremony but I have to include what I did take to meet my 12 quota. Overall I was very happy with the ceremony. I was proud of my country, proud to be Canadian and proud to welcome the world. I thought Wayne Gretzky (and the others) was a great choice to light the caludron. There's small things I could pick on about the ceremony, but I won't remember them too much in a year. My personal favourite parts were the whales and the trees, because that's what "BC" is to me. I also LOVED the slam poet and was designing a scrapbook page in my head while he was talking :D
Welcome World! Let the games begin!!!

Oh yeah, and the requiste last minute shot of me :D

No comments: