Thursday, December 17, 2009

Suck up

I was talking to Seth the other night and I asked about whether or not he’d be able to make it down for Christmas. I kind of knew the answer but his response still made me laugh. Because he missed three weeks of work due to H1N1 earlier in the year, because the weather’s such a crapshoot (and flying is so expensive) and because I won’t actually be around all that much, he’s going to stay home. He said “I’d rather come in the spring when you’re around so we can spend some quality time together before you leave for Ontario. I want to see you ‘at least once’ before then and coming now just so I can be ‘home for Christmas’ doesn’t make sense.”

On one hand I’m kind of sad that he won’t be here (although he hasn’t been in three years so it’s not a change in that regard) but on the other I’m kind of glad that I don’t have to worry about not spending time with him…and I have to admit, it was kind of nice to hear him say, in a round about way, that he’s going to miss me. He pretends to be all hard and unfeeling but inside he’s just a big suck :)

No comments: