Monday, November 09, 2009

Marley & the Devil

I rarely pay attention to the people involved in making movies, aside from the actors, but get this. This weekend I watched “The Devil Wears Prada”, in preparation for my upcoming trip to New York and just because I love that movie. I also watched “Marley & Me” (and cried, hard, even though I am NOT a pet lover). Both movies I got from the library (which is where I get most of my movies) on different days. It turns out, that they have a LOT in common.

 

Devil Wears Prada

Marley & Me

Directed by

David Frankel

David Frankel

Music Supervisor

Julia Michaels

Julia Michaels

Music by

Theodore Shapiro

Theodore Shapiro

Film Editor

Mark Livolsi

Mark Livolsi

Director of Photography

Florian Ballhaus

Florian Ballhaus

Executive Producers

Arnon Michan & Joe Caracciolo, Jr.

Karen Rosenfelt & Joe Caracciolo, Jr.

     

And that’s just off the back of the box. So aside from the authors of the books, the screenplay, the Production Designer and the Producers, it’s the same team.

 

I’m sure that’s more common than I realize but it just kind of struck me that I just happened to watch two films made a few years apart, that were made by the same people...and the good news? I’d highly recommend both movies :)

No comments: