Saturday, November 07, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude V2#6 - Good Health

I am thankful for good health.

There is so much sickness going around. It is flu season and now on top of it we have H1N1 going around. I don't know anyone who doesn't have it or doesn't at least know if someone who has it. I have thankfully escaped but I have a few coworkers who have succumbed and my mom and youngest brother Aaron are both flat out. Mom's been sick for two weeks now and Aaron's been out for almost that long as well.

I took Aaron to the doctors today and he gave him a note to excuse him from work listing his diagnosis as "H1N1 – probable" and "Pneumonia". He's requesting blood work and a chest x-ray. All this on TOP of the fact that, as of Sunday, Aaron hasn't had a cigarette. So not only is he horribly sick, but he's also detoxing from nicotine withdrawal. I'm proud of him though. He's been wanting to quit smoking and he's really looking at this as an opportunity to do it. He's already made it a week, now he just has to keep going.

All of this sickness has made me extremely thankful for my good health. Aside from some minor sniffles I (knock on wood) haven't come down with anything and for that I am grateful.

No comments: