Sunday, November 22, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude V2#14 - Kids

I have to admit, it's a bit odd going from a 19 and over concert setting full of alcohol and pot smoke, to a four year old's birthday party in less than 12 hours. It was fun though, and strangely, I do well in both settings (although I got more of a headache from the screaming kids than I did from the thumping bass at the concert.

The first Christmas album I pull out each year is Kenny Chesney's "All I Want for Christmas (is a real good tan)". On that album he covers the song "Thank God for Kids" and I love that song. It's so true. Kids are wonderful. I'd take kids over cats or dogs any day. Someday I'd love to have my own. For now, it's fun to just hang out with friends who do have kids, and enjoy theirs, without the responsibility.

I am thankful for kids.

No comments: