Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Saying Good-bye

Four years ago today I "retired" as a Creative Memories Consultant. The decision was a long time coming (too long in fact) but it was still hard. I "celebrated" by attending a retreat with a wonderful group of "sister-CMC's" that I am still in contact with. They graciously let me attend even though at midnight the first night, I was officially not a CMC anymore.

Earlier this week I attended the closing out sale of one of the local scrapbook stores. I chatted briefly with the owner. She's really upbeat about the whole situation but, like me, she's had time to get used to the idea. All her customers are grieving but she's ready to move on. I totally know how it feels.

I loved my time as a CMC. I'd go back to it in a heartbeat if it was right for me, which it still may be at another time in my life. Right now it's just too much stress.

Here's to four years "since"!

No comments: