Saturday, November 08, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude #8: Countdown Shows

I am thankful for Countdown Shows.

Okay, maybe "thankful" is to strong. I mean I could easily live my life without them but I really enjoy them! I primarily listen to Bob Kingsley's Country Top 40 on Saturday mornings. Starting at 10am and running until 2pm he counts down the top 40 country music hits. My local station also plays Jeff Foxworthy's countdown but that's at weird times so I don't always catch it. There's a few others I catch on the American stations I can tune into from my car but I don't listen to them regularly.

I admit after a weekend of listening to the same 40 songs played over and over again, I'm pretty sick of them, but the interviews and tidbits of information that are thrown in are worth it.

I recently discovered that my local Christian station does a countdown on Saturday morning as well. If I'm up early enough, I'll tune in to that one. I used to watch the video countdowns on CMT when I had cable as well.

I am thankful for countdown shows.

No comments: