Monday, June 16, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was exactly how weekends should be.

Friday evening I packed up some supplies and went scrapbooking at Terri's. Most of the time I prefer to work in the comfort of my own home but sometimes you just need to tap into the energy of having other scrapbookers around. I'm slowly working my way through my Philadelphia album and I was stuck. Terri inspired me on a page and now it's "good enough" and I'm able to move on. That is a great feeling.

On the way home I took advantage of the fact that the grocery store is open until midnight and I got my shopping done. It made for a late night but I was so glad to not have to worry about it on Saturday (and to have milk for my coffee in the morning!)

Saturday I got up and went down to the Farmers' Market. They were having a western theme so everyone was decked out in cowboy duds and all the booths were decorated. They also had a local group doing (really good!) Johnny Cash covers and the Rod and Gun Club did "shoot out" demonstrations. A bit cheesy but super fun. My brother Robert called during one of the acts and I told him what was going on. His answer? "You're such a tourist!" I informed him that I was only three blocks from home so it didn't really qualify but, if it did, what's wrong with that?

From the market I made my way up to the mall where I stopped in at NR to visit my old co-workers. It was nice to catch up with them briefly but I sure don't miss being there, especially on a sunny Saturday.

Next stop was my friend Leah's where we held a surprise birthday party for her. She just had her third baby so her husband convinced her to stay upstairs while we all gathered in her front room. When she came down, we yelled surprise. Of course she promptly started crying but it was good tears :) I stayed there for a few hours and got my fill of babies. There were three under three months!

Sunday after church Mom, Dad and I went to Swiss Chalet for lunch with a bunch of other people. For Father's Day I gave dad an Imax video called "Cosmic Voyage". We saw it as a family *years* ago and Mom and I have been wanting to buy it for Dad ever since because he enjoyed it so much. He was really, really excited to get that It's always nice when you find a winning gift.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Dad and Aaron came over and helped me move furniture and then Mom and Dad stayed for coffee (Aaron left to go to a friends house).

The weekend wasn't anything spectacular but it was a good pace and wonderful. Just like a weekend should be.

Now, if I can just keep my head above water with all the things I have planned for the week, we'll be doing well!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

I'm tired after reading your post. When do you rest? LOL! Seriously, though, I'm glad you had such a nice weekend.