Wednesday, April 23, 2008

You don't have to want to, you just have to do it

Jenna shared this bit of wisdom from Dr. Phil yesterday. I googled it and came up with a direct quote:

You don't have to like it. You just have to do it. You don't have to want to go to school or work every day. You just do it. And pretty soon, you start getting some rewards from it.

I really like that.

I have two other quotes on my bulletin board here at work. One says

When in doubt, ACT

and the other

Begin Anywhere

All the same concept. You don't have to like it. You don't have to want to do it. You don't even have to understand it (this is a big one for me). You just have to do it. Be it a project, exercise, diet, anything that doesn't seem appealing.

Like Nike says, "Just do it!"

There. That's my thought of the day :)

3 comments:

Lee said...

I like it, Heidi! Off to just.get.laundry.done. Does that count? :)

agent713 said...

Yep, you don't have to like it, you don't have to want to. You just have to do it!

Kaye said...

I think I really needed this today. Maybe I need to make myself a sign that says, "Just Do It!"