Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sara & James

The wedding I attended on Saturday was for my friend Sara and her now husband, James. Sara and were in first grade together. Sara met James on the last day of school in her second or third year of university. They've been going out for a few years now and engaged for the last year and a half. It turns out that my friend Janis used to babysit James!!! Small world.


The church Sara and James were married in was the one that Janis and I used for our CM workshops too. The wedding was very nice. Quite simple and quick but lovely.






The reception was held out at Minter Gardens. I've been there many times and even danced there twice but this was the first time I had attended a wedding there. It was really nice. We were in the Trillium Room and I was at a table with my friends Mike, Jenna, Crystal and Sara's teaching partner, another Mike.




Sara is a teacher are both of her sisters and her mom....actually her mom is a principle at one of the local elementary schools. Needless to say there were a LOT of teachers and district people in attendance, including our high school vice principal!

After dinner they showed a slide show that James had prepared. There were a few speeches, toasts and the cutting of the cake and then we danced the night away.

No comments: