Friday, February 08, 2008

She Giveth and She Taketh Away

First they give me keys then, they take them away. It's all good though. One thing that really sticks with me is when I first started I had asked my boss about staying after Christmas. At that time she said "the needs of the store are always changing as are the needs of individuals" That has really helped me through the changes that are inevitable in a retail store.

So why did they take my keys away? My boss is planning on moving to Texas as soon as she can get all her paperwork in order (probably summertime). In anticipation of this the district manager hired a new "MIT" (Manager in Training) The manager gets 40 hours a week, the MIT gets 32 and that leaves about 20 hours to be split by the rest of the staff (currently, it will go up in time) So, that means that, since my availability is limited, having me as a key holder is redundant.

Things will probably change though. The other key holder (not manager) is in the process of adopting. When she does her availability will go way down and I'll probably take back over.

It's the ebb and flow. I'm not worried. It's just kind of funny if you really think about it :)

No comments: