Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

Well, Santa didn't come through on any of my last minute wishes but that's okay. I still had a good Christmas.

Christmas Eve I stayed at work until the bitter end. 4:30. Brutal. I broke the day up by doing a Starbucks run at 9 in the morning and eating LOTS of chocolate during the day :) After work I went basically straight over to my parents and then we, along with my youngest brother and his girlfriend went for dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory. It was my Dad's birthday so we wanted to do something different considering we had had a family dinner on Sunday.

After dinner we drove around looking at lights. I stopped at my friends house to feed her dog and then we drove past almost every single house my family has ever lived in in this town (6 of them!) The lights weren't really that exciting but it was fun to drive around and reminisce.

When we got back to my parents we had birthday cake (the traditional angel food with chocolate icing) and then Mom, Dad and I watched a movie.

I went home and slept in my own bed and was back at my parents by about 11am Christmas Day. Mom had the turkey going and we helped with some of the side dishes. Around 2pm we loaded it all up and went over to the church. Our church just finished major renovations downstairs. My mom's cousin and her family and another couple joined us for lunch. None of us have enough space to seat that many people so the church was a great central place to meet up. Plus it has three ovens and a dishwasher! After dinner we played games. Mad Gab, Ziggity, Uno Attack and a really long game of Monopoly.

Boxing Day I slept in and then checked out some boxing day sales. I came home empty handed which was perfectly fine. I worked at the store from 2-6:30. It was busier that day then the three days before Christmas put together. Crazy! I love it that way. It makes the time fly.

So that was my Christmas. Today I was back at work and I'll be there tomorrow too. I'm taking Monday off and aside from doing a layout at the store on Saturday evening I get a full four day weekend. Of course that's already full of holiday parties too but that's my life. Eat, work, sleep, party!

To all my loyal blog readers, I hope you each had a fantastic Christmas and I wish you all the best for the new year.

~Heidi

No comments: