Tuesday, November 06, 2007

CMA Predictions

Last year I got eight out of eleven right. I think it's a closer race this year so it will be interesting to see the results.

Entertainer of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
Rascal Flatts
George Strait
Keith Urban
Who I think will win: I think Kenny, Keith and Brad are front runners. Kenny scooped it from Keith last year but Keith has been on a successful tour this year. Any of them could take it.
Who I want to win: Anyone but Rascal Flatts LOL I'd love to see Brad walk away with it.

Male Vocalist of the Year
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Josh Turner
Keith Urban
Who I think will win: Keith Urban
Who I want to win: I'd love to see Brad or Josh take it but Josh is too new and I don't know if Brad can trump Keith

Female Vocalist of the Year
Alison Krauss
Miranda Lambert
Martina McBride
Reba McEntire
Carrie Underwood
Who I think will win: Carrie Underwood
Who I want to win:
I wouldn't be heartbroken if she took it. Anyone notice that Faith Hill isn't even nominated this year?

Vocal Group of the Year
Alison Krauss & Union Station Featuring Jerry Douglas
Dixie Chicks
Emerson Drive
Little Big Town
Rascal Flatts
Who I think will win: Rascal Flats
Who I want to win: Emerson Drive. Gotta stay loyal to the Canadian boys :)

Vocal Duo of the Year
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn
Montgomery Gentry
Sugarland
The Wreckers
Who I think will win: Either Brooks & Dunn like normal, or Sugarland who are HOT this year
Who I want to win: Weird as they are, I'd like to see Big & Rich take it. Or The Wreckers but I don't think the later have a chance considering they've announced that they're splitting up following this tour.

Horizon Award
Jason Aldean
Rodney Atkins
Little Big Town
Kellie Pickler
Taylor Swift
Who I think will win: Jason Aldean although Rodney Atkins could scoop it on the strength of his singles.
Who I want to win: Jason Aldean

Musical Event
"Because of You" -- Reba McEntire With Kelly Clarkson
"Find Out Who Your Friends Are" -- Tracy Lawrence Featuring Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney
"Hey Good Lookin'" -- Jimmy Buffett With George Strait and Alan Jackson
"Missing You" -- Alison Krauss and John Waite
"The Reason Why" -- Vince Gill With Guest Vocalist Alison Krauss
Who I think will win: Because of You
Who I want to win: Because of You

Song of the Year
"Anyway" -- Martina McBride, Brad Warren and Brett Warren
"Before He Cheats" -- Josh Kear and Chris Tompkins
"Give It Away" -- Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson
"Lost in This Moment" -- John Rich, Keith Anderson and Rodney Clawson
"Stupid Boy" -- Dave Berg, Deanna Bryant and Sarah Buxton
Who I think will win: These are all strong songs. I'm going to say Stupid Boy or Anyway but I'm really not sure
Who I want to win: I'd like to see Anyway or Give it Away win

Single of the Year
"Anyway" -- Martina McBride
"Before He Cheats" -- Carrie Underwood
"Lost in This Moment" -- Big & Rich
"Ticks" -- Brad Paisley
"Wrapped" -- George Strait
Who I think will win: Before He Cheats
Who I want to win: Before He Cheats. The cross over appeal of this song has been good for country music in general.

Album of the Year
5th Gear -- Brad Paisley
It Just Comes Natural -- George Strait
Long Trip Alone -- Dierks Bentley
Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing -- Keith Urban
These Days -- Vince Gill
Who I think will win: Keith or George
Who I want to win: DIERKS!

Video of the Year
"Anyway" -- Martina McBride
"Before He Cheats" -- Carrie Underwood
"Moments" -- Emerson Drive
"Online" -- Brad Paisley
"You Save Me" -- Kenny Chesney
Who I think will win: Before He Cheats...or Online
Who I want to win: You Save Me :)

No comments: