Sunday, October 21, 2007

First Day Drama

I was distracted on Saturday evening do I didn’t take the time to type out the drama from my first day at the store. First off, I want to say, I am thankful that my customers are so patient!

I processed maybe two normal sales before the fun started.

I had a customer come in with three BAGS worth of stuff to return. Apparently our fitting rooms aren’t good enough for her. She just bought two or three sizes of each thing and took them all home. There were four different receipts worth of stuff. Thankfully she was really patient and had obviously done this before because she made a point of helping me out and making sure that I did it in order. It took for EVER though.

Next was a lady who came in with a pair of pants and a sweater to return. I guess she had bought them and a few days later she got an email from the store offering her 20% off her purchases. She hadn’t even taken the clothing out of the bag so she brought them back and wanted to return them and re-purchase them using her 20% off coupon and adding another sweater. I returned them and credited her credit card. Then I rang the purchase through but I forgot the 20%. So I returned it all and then when I went to put it through again, my debit machine froze. Uggh.

Needless to say cashing out that evening was interesting because of all the returns. The good news is that even though I felt like I was in a fog the whole time because I wasn’t totally comfortable with what I was doing, everything balanced out, I didn’t lose my cool and the customers went away happy…even if they spent more time with us then they originally had planned.

My next shift is scheduled for next Saturday. I’ll report in then.

~Heidi

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Oh my. Sounds like you did well with a somewhat stressful first day. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on!