Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ramdom Memory #3

Stacy's post reminded me of something I was thinking of posting last week. In grade three I was given the task of handing tests back to the students in the classroom. At least I think that's what I was doing. Whatever it was was super important and it was an honour to be asked. So big an honour that even though I had to pee really bad, I made myself finish doing this task before I went. Of course, I didn't make it. I still remember the feeling of standing there, in the classroom, with warm fluid running down my legs on to the cheap thin carpet in that portable.

I was *so* embarrased. I ran straight to the bathroom and hid there until my mom came with clean, dry clothes for me.

The funny thing is I still do that to a certain extent. Well, I don't pee my pants but I do sit here at my desk at work and say "I'll go after I finish XXX". Thankfully my bladder is louder then it was then and I have enough brains to just stop and go pee (because it takes, what? all of two minutes?) but I still try and push it. You'd think I'd learn!

No comments: