Thursday, August 02, 2007

My own Draco Malfoy

I'm about halfway through the second Harry Potter book (I'm re-reading 1-6 before I read book 7) and I can't get over how much Draco Malfoy reminds me of a guy I used to go to school with. Not in the same "evil" way but physically JK Rowling describes this guy to a T. Plus they have the same initials. D.M. The DM I know had a knack for always showing up when he was least wanted and making jokes and making fun of people. I had a crush on one of his friends for all of grade 10. We (the friend I had a crush on and I) shared four (of eight) classes so we were together a lot. DM would tease us mercilessly. They had another friend who I swear is Crab and/or Goyle incarnate.

The two of them were total class clowns. I remember one time we had a subsitute teacher for Social Studies. DM and his sidekick sat at the back of the class burning potato chip bags inside the desk. The teacher never did figure out where the smoke smell was coming from.

One of the strongest memories I have of my graduation was of DM cheering for e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. that came across the stage. Thanks to the luck of the alphabet I was seated right beside him so his yells were generally directed in my ear. The comments he made under his breath kept me in stitches during the whole ceremony though. Good times :)

I can't remember how to spell his last name or I'd google him. I'll have to remember to look in my yearbook later.

~Heidi

1 comment:

Veronica said...

LOL. Spoken like a true HP convert ;)