Friday, June 29, 2007

Release It

One of my current favourite quotes is from fellow blogger Martha. It was a comment she made and I've adopted it.

"Take that conversation [the one in your head] and release it"

I think it's an awesome concept. Tonight I'm leaving blogger open and I'm going to note down my observations as they come. The things that I find interesting. This is me. This is the conversation in my head and I'm releasing it.

  • 4:55 - My mouth is still frozen. I went to the dentist at 12:30. I left there at 1:30. It's now five and it's STILL frozen. This is pathetic.
  • 5:35 - I love Ellen. I really do. She's just hilarious. She has such a talent for bringing out the best in her guests. I'm watching a re-run episode where she has Bon Jovi and Josh Duhmel on. It's hilarious.
  • 6:00 - I have a ton of dishes to do. I don't want to do them.
  • 6:25 - Edamame rocks. I bought eight little individual boxes from Costco for six dollars. I opened the first one tonight. That stuff is great. It's addictive.
  • 7:15 - I just sliced my hand. I was washing a glass, it broke and I ran the broken part across my knuckle. I've finally staunched the flow of blood but I'm going to get a cool scar there.
  • 8:30 - My mouth is now fully unfrozen but its still sore. Now that my tounge is unfrozen I can feel that my tooth is smooth. That's weird. The dentist wants me to get a crown. As soon as I can get $400 together that is. That's my portion of a crown since insurance only covers 50%.
  • 9:10 - I just read the previous line. Tooth and smooth don't rhyme even though they're spelled the same. English is weird.
  • 9:40 - DOC WALKER IS COMING TO BC!!! Woohoo!!! I am SO excited!!! They're coming to the town I work in too. When was this announced? I just found it on MySpace. Sweet!!!!!!
  • 9:50 - %$#&! I broke a bowl. What is with me and breaking stuff today???
  • 10:10 - I have another 7am conference call tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Great entry, love that releasing idea. Okay, so what is edamame?

agent713 said...

Edamame are soy beans in the pod. They come in individual serving containers. You just punch some holes in the plastic, microwave them for 3.5 minutes, add salt and enjoy! You don't eat the pod, just the bean. So half the fun is squeezing them out into your mouth. They're yummy too.