Monday, May 07, 2007

Ontario?!

I originally posted this on SS but I want it here as a record.

I was born in Alberta but my parents moved to BC when I was just a few years old. My dad had decided that he wanted a change of pace and because he had friends down here, this is where he moved. We've been here ever since.

I love it here. I'm definitely a BC girl at heart. This is home. But, I get restless. Travel helps but part of me wants to go really experience new places. I've tossed around the idea of moving to Ontario before. It's still in Canada so there's basically no paper work and I have lots of friends out there and a whole established social network. Right now I'm kind of thinking that if my life hasn't changed too much by 2010, I'll start seriously considering it then. I need to pay off my car (which, at my current pace, will be done in March 2009) I'd like to stay at my job for a few more years and I want to be in BC for the Olympics. After that, I'm thinking a change might be good. That's only three years away after all and it doesn't have to be permanent. Just go, experience a different part of the world and have some new adventures for awhile.
I told my parents that I was considering this a few weeks back. My dad's initial reaction was "Well you didn't ask us!" "No Dad, I didn't ASK you but I am telling you, way in advance".

I don't know if I'll actually follow through with it. I briefly considered it just after highschool but I wasn't mature enough to make that big of a move without a reason (like school or something). I thought about driving across Canada for awhile too. Even got all the guide books and planned a route. That never worked either though. It was a huge trip (I planned on it taking about 4-6 weeks) so logistically it was hard to plan and financially I never prepared properly. This, I think could really work though. In 2010 I'll be turning 29 and a big move like that will make the numbers easier :)

We'll see. Stay tuned.

~Heidi

No comments: