Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Welcome Back!

So I get into work this morning and I am greeted by a nice stack of documents on my desk. I open my computer expecting a couple dozen messages that will need to be dealt with and there's NOTHING! Nothing from almost two weeks. My initial reaction is "sweet! I got off easy" then reality kicks in. No messages? Not even spam? Not possible. I tell my boss and she says "oh you had messages alright. I set you a bunch myself". So I call our tech guy. He says "it looks like since there was information in the forward email line by default but the local copy button was not checked off that the messages may have been bounced to a non-entity and therefore all emails received during that time have been lost.

I am going to check more settings to see if there is any hope of getting them back but I am not certain."

The forward email line refers to the fact that we set an out off office auto-reply the day I left and it seems to have forwarded all my messages to a "non-entity" aka cyber space.

It's brutal. I know there is a ton of stuff I should be dealing with but I CAN'T! Not cool. Not cool at all. I'm slowly moving forward but I feel like I'm missing my right leg.

Uggh. Welcome back!

~Heidi

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

oh, man, that is awful. I can only imagine what that would have been like had it happened to me back in my working days. :(

Veronica said...

The dead letter office for emails. Wonder where that is?

Oh man. I feel so bad for you...I know when I came back from 5 weeks away I had thousands of emails to deal with....sadly mine were where they should be ;)