Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sharp as Marbles

Yesterday was the "Vancouver Premier" for "Sharp as Marbles". I picked Meredith up around 5:30 and because we knew traffic would be stupid getting into the city, we chose to have dinner here in town before heading out. It worked well because by the time we did hit the bridge, it had eased up a lot. We ended up arriving at the theatre about a half an hour early which was fine. We got our seats and then wandered around the lobby for a bit and got our picture taken with Adam!

I need to crop the one of he and I but I don't have the proper software on this computer. Anyways, the movie was fun. It was shot locally here so we recognized a lot of the sets. We got a lot of laughs out of it too. It's a family friendly movie and quite enjoyable.

This was my first "premier". We actually sat between the director (producer? I forget, one of the important dudes anyways) and the lead female actress. Adam was two rows behind us and his co-stars were behind us. After the movie I had Adam sign a copy of the poster and I wished him luck in Nashville. He's just moved there and he's working on an American record deal which is really exciting.
Steve, from the radio station was there too. We talked for awhile before the movie and again after. He was sharing all sorts of station secrets that I'd better not post ;)

Anyways, it was a lot of fun. Something different for a Friday night. Mere and I took the "senic" route home so it was late but we had fun.

Oh, and of all the people in the world to meet there, after getting my picture taken with Adam I heard someone calling my name. It was a couple who we lived across the street from when I was in grades 5 & 6. He's my dad's massage therapist and I went to prom with their younger son! I don't think I've seen them since prom night so it was fun to catch up with them.

~Heidi

No comments: