Saturday, March 31, 2007

Begin Anywhere

I have this posted on my bulletin board at work

"BEGIN ANYWHERE"

Too often I get overwhelmed or distracted and then I don't know where to start on my work. "Begin Anywhere" is a reminder to just START. Once I'm working on one task, prioritization on what needs to come next happens naturally.

Lately I've been trying to apply this to becoming more active. I lead a *very* sedentary life. I do the small things like taking the stairs instead of the elevator and stuff but as far as actually getting out and moving? It's too easy to just skip it.

Tuesday morning I had a meeting downtown. From my apartment to the coffee shop where we met is only maybe five blocks but it includes a fairly decent hill. I walked there and back and by the time I got home I was breathing WAY harder then I felt I should have been so lately, I've been working on just getting active. That evening I walked to the dry cleaners and the fruit stand. Thursday Mere and I went for a walk around the lake after dinner and then through the mall. This morning (Saturday) I got up and walked to the grocery store. (about an hour round trip)

Wednesday I was *so* sore. Today I'm feeling better but I know I have to keep it up. I've been saying for awhile that I need to get more active but I didn't know where to start. By "BEGINING ANYWHERE" I've gotten moving and I'm feeling better about myself.

~Heidi

1 comment:

Shelljo said...

Good for you! Just starting is the hardest part.