Monday, October 30, 2006

Mount Baker Retreat

As previously reported, this weekend I went to a scrapbooking retreat on Mount Baker. From my house it was less then an hour drive. We did stop at Bromley's for our contribution to the meals (lunch on Saturday) and we got to the cabin around eight...I think. From the time I left the house on Friday to when I arrived home on Sunday I never really paid attention to my watch. Yes I looked at it and I changed it when we "fell back" but I wasn't bound by it. When I was hungry I ate, when I was tired I went to bed, when I woke up, I got up. It was wonderful.

Last weekend at Darrcie's Croptoberfest I started working on my pictures from my 2005 Pennsylvania trip. I had printed them many months ago, did power layouts in July and finally started scrapping last weekend. Between that and this weekend I have completed 23 pages. Some of them need finishing touches, or journalling. I have a few more that are started but far from being done. It feels good to make this progress though.

The biggest news about them, is I have finally, officially, branched out past CM in my albums. I used Basic Grey for the first time this weekend. I didn't use it for all of the pages but a few, and I *really* like them.

Saturday afternoon we left the cabin and drove into Bellingham to do some shopping. My favourite stop was at Treasury of Memories where I picked up papers from the new KI Collection I've already started using them for cards and I'm loving it.

"I'm Loving It". That's the McDonald's tag line right now and between that and "______ is working for me" those were our motto's for the weekend :)

Big thanks to Deb for pulling this weekend together. I'm loving scrapbook retreats because they are working for me :D

~Heidi

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds great - I look forward to seeing these layouts. I have a few odd pages here and there to finish in my USA album and then I can start on Canada! (Canada get's its own album ;))

Emmy said...

Glad you had a good weekend! I thought about ya'll having fun this weekend! One of these days I'll get back out there to crop :)