Monday, August 21, 2006

Communication Breakdown

Friday I experienced my first communication breakdown with my “room mate”. On the way home from work Seth called and conveniently informed me that not only was Robert coming over for the weekend (which I knew and had been anticipating) but he was bringing a “friend”. A girl that works at the Tim Horton’s and gives him free coffee, that he has been hanging out with lately. Something to the effect of she asked him out but he’s not sure yet. I thought it was funny that she was coming down to visit his family before they become an official item but I digress.

After being “mentally exhausted” on Friday I had planned a nice quiet evening in. Alone. One of the reasons Robert came down this weekend was because friends of his were getting married. Friday night was the rehearsal and dinner followed by a bachelor party. His “friend” wasn’t invited. They left her at my house. I am a little bit ashamed to admit that I was not a good host. The last thing I wanted was company so I gave her the run of the living room and tv and hid away in my room. I was too tired to do anything constructive though and I ended up going to bed around 9:30.

I don’t have a problem with her coming, just TELL me!!!

~Heidi

1 comment:

Veronica said...

That's perfectly acceptable - I would have done the same thing. Fridays, especially, I feel particularly anti-social. Plus - she wasn't really YOUR guest. She was your brothers - and he went out without her. So if anyone should feel guilty - it should be him ;)