Friday, August 11, 2006

ALW: Granville Island

I really, really wish I could share pictures. Oh well, I'll try and do it in words.

Monday Mom, Dad, Seth, Aaron and I went to Granville Island in Vancouver. For those of you not from the area, it's a fun artsy spot with an open market and lots of neat shops. Similar in some ways to Pikes Place in Seattle but smaller.

Monday was a gorgeous day and they had all sorts of "BC Day" Celebrations. Artists doing chalk pictures on the sidewalk, buskers and community booths. It was a bit interesting finding parking but once we did we had fun.

For a long time I've been saying that I want to start collecting martini glasses. Not just any one, but the cool ones with neat stems, or the ones made out of interesting material. Monday I bought my first one. The stem is corkscrew style. Very neat.

We ate lunch at the market and then headed over to West Vancouver. The sun was setting so we found a place on the beach and enjoyed the feeling of the sand between our toes and the light breeze blowing. I love BC :D

We got home around 8:30 and Seth rented "Cassanova" It was way better then either of us expected. Very funny. If you like "A Knight's Tale" you'll love this one. Of course I was scrapbooking the whole time which drove Seth nuts but it was fun for me.

There. That's my weekend. This weekend we're going camping so I'm sure I'll have lots to fill you in on when I'm back.

Hope y'all are having as much fun with life as I am!!!

~Heidi

No comments: