Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Doctors

I don’t remember if I mentioned this or not but my long time family Doctor (Dr. W) has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It is very sad. We have been going to see him for well over fifteen years. In fact he delivered Aaron. He has been very good to our family and it is hard to see him struggling with his own health.

I needed to make an appointment and Mom said that the other doctors that practice in the same building are taking over his patient load. I have a choice of Dr. B, Dr. H or Dr. W. I decided to check the College of Physicians and Surgeons website to see if they had anything to say about these men (Yes they’re all men. I have no problem with a male doctor.) First I looked up my doctor just because.

Dr. W
Current Status Licensed for Practice - Currently Inactive
Medical Degree M.B.,B.S. - 1970 - United Kingdom [London]


Yep that sounds right.

Check the next one:
Dr. B
Current Status Licensed for Practice
Medical Degree M.B.,B.S. - 1971 - United Kingdom [London]

Hey look, they graduated the same year!

Dr. H
Current Status Licensed for Practice
Medical Degree M.B.,Ch.B. - 1970 - Edinburgh (United Kingdom)


I’m seeing a pattern here…

Dr. W
Current Status Licensed for Practice
Medical Degree M.B.,B.S. - 1970 - United Kingdom [London]


OMFSM! They must have been classmates!

I’m scheduled to see Dr. B this afternoon. I can’t wait to see if he actually went to school with the rest of them.

BTW, at one point I thought it might be kind of nice to get a “younger” doctor. You know, one that will be around for awhile? Well, it isn’t going to happen with this bunch!!!

~Heidi

4 comments:

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Wow, how odd that the 4 graduated within a year, interesting to see if they were in the same classes/knew each other.
Hope all goes well with your new doctor.

agent713 said...

Well, I didn't get a chance to ask if he went to school with Dr. W. but he was very nice and efficient. I think he'll do :)
~Heidi

tosin said...

I have the worst luck with doctors. Just when I decide I like one, they move out of state or some such nonsense.
Frustrating!

Glad to hear this one worked out for you.

~toemi~

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Glad to hear it went well. Maybe you'll get a chance to ask him another time.