Monday, April 03, 2006

Quiz: Who do you blog for?

1. Do you blog to make friends with people you will eventually meet in real life? I blog for *me*. If my internet buddies benefit then great. I don’t blog to meet people though

2. Do you blog for the sake of the B? Do you blog for yourself as a sanity-seeking form of online diary that is really neat cause it can link to all kinds of other things on the fancy Interweb? Yes. I definitely blog for sanity reasons and I *love* the fact that it is an online diary with links and pictures and stuff.

3. Do you blog to discover people with whom you share a number of opinions about a topic? Nope. My blog isn’t private and I have had people post comments because of something that I have written but I blog for me and to tell people about the things that I find interesting.

4. Do you blog to attract readers? And, do you have an expectation of what sort of readers you have? Would you still blog if nobody read your blog? No, sort of and yes. Again, while my blog is public I don’t do it to get readers. I blog for friends and therefore I expect that most of my readers are people I know IRL or whom I have established relationships with. Would I blog if no one read it? Yep, but I’d also post on SS more then ;)

5. Do you blog to distinguish yourself .. because you think blogging is cool and you think it makes you cool(er)? No. I blog because it is a great format. Easy to use and it makes SO much sense. It is WAY easier to post something once and have a bunch of people read it. Plus, it’s instant and relatively permanent. I like that.

No comments: