Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Second Interview Report

How did it go? Quite well. I'm going nuts with waiting though :P I didn't sleep very well last night. Of course I didn't expect to but it was pretty bad. I was in bed by ten and woke up at midnight thinking it MUST be time to get up. Read for an hour, and then crashed again.

I had plenty of time to get ready this morning and I got in to town a half an hour early. (I parked in a lot around the corner and killed some time by re-reading the literature they gave me on Sunday). I went into the office about ten minutes early. We started our meeting promptly at 8:30 a.m.

It was me, the lady who interviewed me on Sunday and the accountant/HR person. A lot of review of what was discussed Sunday for the benefit of the second person and so I could add and the interviewer could clarify if necessary. It went well. They presented a few scenarios and seemed satisfied with my answers. I really feel that this is a position that will fit me, utilize my strengths and challenge me to grow. I see it being a long term position and an organization I can be proud to represent.

They had me do an easy version of a personality profile (Personality Dimensions, the colour one, for anyone who is familar with that material) and write a letter. Letter writing is NOT my forte and I'm a little nervous about how I did on that. My reassurance is that I haven't made any pretense about my abilities to draft a letter and that there are a lot of other things that I do better, which I communicated.

One funny part was regarding my availablity. She confirmed that Friday is my last day at my current position and that I had indicated Monday as a start date. She was like "You don't want a few days off? When is the last time you had vacation?" I said no, I had Monday off and I spent most of the morning doing computer work anyways and that I had other weekend retreats and stuff booked so vacation isn't an issue. She didn't seem to convinced. LOL.

She is going to check my references and then get back to me as soon as possible. It's just protocol but the waiting is KILLING ME!!!

So, unless I didn't impress the second person or my references are crummy (which they won't be) I should have a job to report to on Monday morning!

~Heidi

3 comments:

Veronica said...

You should have told her about the awesome vacation you had with an Aussie visitor in November ;)

Good luck - hope you are right and you start on Monday

agent713 said...

LOL I'm sure it will come up. I did warn her that I'm a country fan but she's an Elvis fan so I think it will work.

I did allude to my trip to PA last year too...which is their AGM is taking place in September...

Pamela Lynn ~ flutterby7 said...

Sound like it went great! Hopefully you'll hear back soon.