Friday, March 24, 2006

Commonwealth Games

A few of my Australian friends have been asking if I have seen any coverage of the Commonwealth Games happening in Melbourne. The answer is no. Granted I don't watch a lot of sports tv but in my day to day media exposure I haven't seen anything. The World Figure Skating Championships are on in Calgary right now and CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) is covering them quite heavily instead. If it weren't for my friends "down under" I wouldn't even know the Games were on.
~Heidi

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Hmph! Well, let me tell you - you are really missing out....my beautiful city is being showcased at its best. Oh and you're missing lots of Aussie gold medals :P

Janis said...

They have it on all day here in Cyprus. There are even some Cypriot medals!