Monday, February 20, 2006

Song Intro's

Here I am quoting Diane again: Living in Fast Forward: 50 Questions ... Her answer to #46 reminded me of something I was thinking about in the car the other day.
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? A kickin intro to a song, baby's laugh

There are a lot of songs out there, where my favourite part, and often the ONLY part that I listen to, is the intro. For instance "Mississippi Girl" by Faith Hill. I *love* the intro, but I usually change the station after that. There's a new song by Aaron Prichett (a local artist) called "Big Wheel" *Love* the intro, the song doesn't do much for me though.

On the other hand, there are song intros that get me excited for the whole song. Most of Dierks' songs fall into this category, especially "Come a Little Closer" and "Lot of Leavin' Left to Do".

One of the MOST annoying things about the new Seattle radio station 100.7 The Wolf, is that they INSIST on talking right up to the second that the lyrics start. They usually start again either after they lyrics finish, or during the ending. WAIT UNTIL THE SONG ENDS!!!

There, I needed to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading, and be sure to think of me next time a dj is talking over top of a song ;)

~Heidi

3 comments:

Emmy said...

I noticed that station did that too when I was out visiting.
I like being quotable :D
I feel the same about Mississippi Girl (I like the whole song though), any Keith Urban fast song (although I like them all the way through)
I can't think of the other song that I just like intro to, I have thought about making a mix of just song intro's :D

Veronica said...

Only song you mentioned that I know is "come a little closer"....and just how do I know that one, huh? LOL

It annoys the heck out of me too when the DJ's talk over the songs....when I was a teenager and would would listen to the radio and tape my favourite songs (no CD's in those days ;)) - I hated when the DJ would spoil my recording by talking over the song

agent713 said...

You know which one CALC is? I'm proud of you :D

I didn't think about the recording thing. That would be ULTRA annoying...maybe that's why they do it...

~Heidi